What is corna virus? (2019 Novel Corona Virus)
What is Corona Virus and its origination?
Corona Voruses are composition of viruses that cause sickness, common cold, neumonia, respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties etc. Corona Viruses are zoonotic viruses that transmits form an animals to human by any means. This virus circulates in a range of animals such as civet cats,dromedary camels,wild cats, wild ducks etc. This virus may spillover to humans while increasing contact with these animals or depending on the retention factors of virus. But the main cause of corona virus(2019-CoV) is not known yet but it is guessed that the infected people are from the sea-food market.
Types of Corona virus:
There are two types of corona virus.
1. SARS-CoV (Severe Acute respitory Syndrom Corona Virus): This type of corona virus was first identified in China In 2003. SARS-CoV was transmitted from civet cats( A civet is a small, lean, mostly nocturnal mammal native to tropical Asia and Africa, especially the tropical forests. ) to humans.
2. MERS-CoV (Middle East Respiratory Corona virus): This type of corona virus was first identified in Saudi Arabia in 2012. MERS-CoV is usually transmitted from dromedary camels( The dromedary, also called the Arabian camel, is a large, even-toed ungulate with one hump on its back. It is the tallest of the three species of camel; adult males stand 1.8–2 m at the shoulder, while females are 1.7–1.9 m tall. Males typically weigh between 400 and 600 kg, and females weigh between 300 and 540 kg. ) to humans.
3. 2019-CoV : This type of corona virus was first identified in China in 2019. This virus was found in Sea market people.
Transmission of this virus from infected to healthy people:
The fact cause of trasnmission is not defined yet. The exact dynamics is yet to be defined. In general these vius are usually transmitted through droplets while coughing and sneezing from the infected people contaminated with the virus.
Groups of people most at risk
1.Those who are directly contact with live animals, sea food market workers.
2. Health workers.
3. Relatives who cares for the infected people, and family members.
How to determine the Infected Person?
This epedemic infection can be diagonizedby the tecnique named PCR(Polymerized Chain reaction). This test identified the virus spaced on its genetic fingerprints.
Treatment of 2019 Novel-CoV:
There is no specific medication for this disease. The infected people should be care supportively. No vaccine is developed till date for this virus. Who health experts are researching for the vaccine to cure this epedemic disease.
Symtoms of Infected People:
- Difficulty in breathing
- Muscles pain
- Small build-in muscles in neck
- Kidney Failure
- severe acute respiratory syndrome
When and where was 2019-CoV Virus Seen?
Corona virus was first seen in Yuhan City,China on 31 December 2019 . This outbreak is associated with exposures in one seafood market in Wuhan City. This virus was identified in a group of people suffering from Pneumonia in associated with sea food and live animals market in the city of Wuhan,China. The disease since then become epidemic from the infected people to theirs family menbers then to the health workers. There are many cases at present. The disease become epidemic within the diffrent city of China as well as in the nearby countries.
How to prevent from this virus?
1.Regular Hand Washshing
2. Covering mouth and nose if someone is sneezing and coughing.
3. Use medicallly approved mouth covering mask while cooking meat and eggs.
4. Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness .